Learn To Skate Program
presented by the Superior Figure Skating Club
in conjunction with the USFSA
September 23 - October 28th
6:45 -7:45 p.m.
September 23 and 30th will be held at
Superior Ice Arena (SAHA) 1015 Oakes Avenue
All other dates will be held at Wessman Arena
2701 Catlin Avenue
Class Cost Time
Preschool 3-5 years old $45.00 6:45-7:15
(Has not entered kindergarten)
Basic Skills Kindergarten-Adult $85.00 6:45-7:45
* The schedule for the 2015 Fall Basic Skills is listed above. Any changes in this schedule will be posted at the rink, our Facebook page Superior Figure Skating Club, and our website www.superiorfsc.org. It is the parent’s responsibility to watch for any ice time changes. In the case of inclement weather, please check the website for cancellations.
* All parents MUST be in the bleachers or in the lobby area during lessons. Parents are NOT permitted in the player’s boxes or entrance doors, as it distracting for skaters and coaches.
* Helpers are available to assist first time skaters. Please NO parents on the ice.
* Only registered skaters are allowed on the ice.
* Skaters are asked to arrive at the rink early enough to put their skates on and be ready at lesson time. You are encouraged to stay for the entire session to give them as much practice as possible. As with any other sport, the more you practice, the more you will improve.
Skaters will need:
* Mittens or gloves
* To dress warm by layering. Sweatshirts, turtlenecks, sweatpants, or warm-up pants are ideal. Comfort and ability to move are important. Jeans can be restrictive. Your feet feel best if you wear one pair of lightweight socks or tights. Bulky or thick socks may limit the support in your boot and may also create “lumps and bumps” inside it. Make sure you have enough room to move your toes once your foot is properly laced in the boot.
For more information please contact...
SFSC Learn to Skate Director
Sarah Denninger (715) 394-6062